Just recently signed up with Stafffinders. Danielle and Katrina are amazing!!! Very professional.
They give you a whole list of available jobs and you can pick and choose which ones suit you.
Been with a few agencies in the past none of them can touch the girls though. You can even do your timesheet online so no looking for the Duty Manager at the end of your shift. Great agency knocked back a full time job to stay with them.
Pharmacists work at the frontline of healthcare providing an increasing range of services. Typical work activities include:
- dispensing prescription medicines to the public
- ensuring that different treatments are compatible
- checking dosage and ensuring that medicines are correctly and safely supplied and labelled (pharmacists are legally responsible for any dispensing errors)
- supervising the preparation of any medicines (not all are supplied ready made-up by the manufacturer)
- keeping a register of controlled drugs for legal and stock control purposes
- liaising with doctors about prescriptions
- selling over-the-counter medicines
- counselling and advising the public on the treatment of minor ailments
- advising patients of any adverse side-effects of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines/treatments
- undertaking Medicine Use Reviews (MUR), an advanced service to help patients understand how their medicines work and why they have to take them
- providing a prescription intervention service
- managing a needle and syringe exchange
- measuring and fitting compression hosiery
- monitoring blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- offering a diabetes screening service
- providing pregnancy testing
- arranging the delivery of prescription medicines to patients
- overseeing the ordering and safe storage of medical products
- maintaining computerised records
- managing, supervising and training pharmacy support staff
- selling healthcare and other products, such as toiletries, cosmetics and photographic items
- budgeting and financial management
- promoting sales and developing the business
- keeping up to date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs and their uses
Healthcare Jobs by Email
Join our healthcare mailing list to hear of our latest vacancies.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.