I found Stafffinders to very professional and prompt in both their interview advice and communications. Stafffinders contacted me three week ago with a vacancy they thought would be of interest and yesterday I was offered the job! I would definitely y recommend Stafffinders to others looking to further their career.
Occupational Therapist Jobs
Occupational therapists aim to help people who face everyday challenges due to mental, physical or social disabilities. They help these people to engage in purposeful activities or occupations to promote, regain or maintain health and well-being. They work with children and adults of all ages, whose difficulties have been present since birth, or the result of an accident, illness, ageing or lifestyle.
- advise on specialist equipment to assist with daily activities
- develop a rehabilitation programme to help re-build lost skills and restore lost confidence
- advise on home and workplace environmental modifications, such as adaptations for wheelchair access
- teach anxiety management techniques
- assist people to return to work
- coach people with learning difficulties or poor social skills, e.g. in handling money and social interaction
- mentor people on how to control their own behaviour
- liaise with a wide variety of other professionals, such as doctors, physiotherapists, social workers, equipment suppliers and architects, as well as patients' families, carers and employers
- write reports and attend multidisciplinary case meetings to plan and review ongoing treatment
- organise support and rehabilitation groups for carers and clients
- train students and supervise the work of occupational therapy assistants
- manage a caseload, prioritising needs, and completing administrative tasks such as patient and budgetary records
Healthcare Jobs by Email
Join our healthcare mailing list to hear of our latest vacancies.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.