Could not recommend stafffinders enough. I met with Chloe, and already she had me in mind for a position that had just come up. She organised the interview, and I was successful. Throughout the temping experience she was always readily available with advice, or help. I am now a permanent employee and could not have done it without stafffinders.
Thank you so much Chloe x
Occupational Therapist Jobs
Occupational therapists aim to help people who face everyday challenges due to mental, physical or social disabilities. They help these people to engage in purposeful activities or occupations to promote, regain or maintain health and well-being. They work with children and adults of all ages, whose difficulties have been present since birth, or the result of an accident, illness, ageing or lifestyle.
- advise on specialist equipment to assist with daily activities
- develop a rehabilitation programme to help re-build lost skills and restore lost confidence
- advise on home and workplace environmental modifications, such as adaptations for wheelchair access
- teach anxiety management techniques
- assist people to return to work
- coach people with learning difficulties or poor social skills, e.g. in handling money and social interaction
- mentor people on how to control their own behaviour
- liaise with a wide variety of other professionals, such as doctors, physiotherapists, social workers, equipment suppliers and architects, as well as patients' families, carers and employers
- write reports and attend multidisciplinary case meetings to plan and review ongoing treatment
- organise support and rehabilitation groups for carers and clients
- train students and supervise the work of occupational therapy assistants
- manage a caseload, prioritising needs, and completing administrative tasks such as patient and budgetary records
Healthcare Jobs by Email
Join our healthcare mailing list to hear of our latest vacancies.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.