I found Stafffinders to very professional and prompt in both their interview advice and communications. Stafffinders contacted me three week ago with a vacancy they thought would be of interest and yesterday I was offered the job! I would definitely y recommend Stafffinders to others looking to further their career.
Transport Scheduler Jobs
Transport scheduler jobs entail working in the road transport industry where they organise vehicles and routes on a daily basis to ensure that deliveries to customers are on time. Transport schedulers may also work in passenger transport.
What does a transport scheduler do?
- Scheduling and supervising vehicles.
- Ensuring that all customer transport requirements are completed on time.
- Making sure that all drivers have the correct documentation and equipment.
- Maintaining a transport database, inputting all information accurately and on time.
- Checking drivers' worksheets to ensure they keep within their allowed working hours.
- Identifying new opportunities or improvements to the transport operation.
- Analysing existing systems and developing new ones to improve efficiency.
- Preparing staff rotas to ensure the best use of drivers.
- Ensuring that vehicles are despatched fully loaded if possible.
Although transportation schedulers normally work 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, they may have to work evenings or weekends or be on call. Many firms run 24-hour operations and transport schedulers may have to work shifts. The workplace of may be a warehouse or a traffic office, linked to a vehicle depot.
The average salary for a transport scheduler is £30,000.
Transport schedulers should have good forward-planning skills and be able to organise work schedules, have good spoken and written communication skills and be flexible when dealing with difficult situations. They should also have good numeric skills and be able to pay attention to detail, feel comfortable working in a high pressure environment and be confident using computer packages, including spreadsheets.
Most work in the freight industry for delivery organisations, such as the Post Office, retailers or warehousing and distribution firms. Transport schedulers can also work for national or local bus companies or train operating companies.
Training is usually on the job and they may be able to work towards NVQs/SVQs Levels 2 and 3 in such subjects as traffic office, road passenger transport, distribution, warehousing and storage and mail services.
Contact the Freight & Logistics Division Team
Email the Freight & Logistics Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Freight & Logistics Jobs by Email
Let your next job land in your inbox by joining our freight & logistics mailing list.
Salary: £8.50 p/h
Stafffinders are currently recruiting for multi-drop van drivers in the Paisley and Glasgow area. What we need from you: -
Must have multi-drop experience within the last year
Valid UK Driving Licence (up to 3.5t)
Supporting employment references are essential.
What we can provide: -
Short/Long term contracts available
Salary: £10.50 p/h
Stafffinders are currently recruiting for a Class 2 HIAB driver on an ongoing basis with our client in Paisley.
Candidates must have:
· Class 2 HIAB
· Experience in driving Class 2 HIAB
· Checkable employment references
· Various shifts available
· Immediate starts available
· Variable rates
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf ...