Just recently signed up with Stafffinders. Danielle and Katrina are amazing!!! Very professional.
They give you a whole list of available jobs and you can pick and choose which ones suit you.
Been with a few agencies in the past none of them can touch the girls though. You can even do your timesheet online so no looking for the Duty Manager at the end of your shift. Great agency knocked back a full time job to stay with them.
A career in logistics and distribution may suit you if you enjoy coordinating and overseeing a process to its completion
Logistics and distribution roles include organising the storage and distribution of goods, ensuring that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost. You may also be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods.
In management roles you will need to have an understanding of the whole supply chain. This will allow you to coordinate it effectively and liaise with suppliers of raw materials, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Using IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs.
- Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle.
- Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements.
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs.
- Manage staff.
- Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers.
- Develop business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions.
- Understand, work with and possibly help to develop e-commerce.
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures.
Contact the Freight & Logistics Division Team
Email the Freight & Logistics Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Freight & Logistics Jobs by Email
Let your next job land in your inbox by joining our freight & logistics mailing list.
Category: Freight Forwarding
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Planner to work for our Global Freight Forwarding client for their office base in the Renfrewshire area. This role will be an immediate start for the right candidate.
You will be responsible for ensuring ‘assured supply’ from several European collection points delivering to ...
Category: Transport Planner
Stafffinders are looking for an experiencedTransport Planner to join our Global Freight Forwarding client at their office base in the Renfrewshire area.
We are particularly interested in speaking with individuals with International supply chain/vehicle planning experience (preferably with a multi-temperature background.) The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic ...
Category: Import & Export Clerk
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Export Clerk in the Renfrewshire area. This role will be an immediate start for the right candidate.
You will be responsible for ensuring all exported goods that are departing the business are processed on time and comply all regulations. You will be based ...