Could not recommend stafffinders enough. I met with Chloe, and already she had me in mind for a position that had just come up. She organised the interview, and I was successful. Throughout the temping experience she was always readily available with advice, or help. I am now a permanent employee and could not have done it without stafffinders.
Thank you so much Chloe x
A career in logistics and distribution may suit you if you enjoy coordinating and overseeing a process to its completion
Logistics and distribution roles include organising the storage and distribution of goods, ensuring that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost. You may also be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods.
In management roles you will need to have an understanding of the whole supply chain. This will allow you to coordinate it effectively and liaise with suppliers of raw materials, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Using IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs.
- Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle.
- Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements.
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs.
- Manage staff.
- Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers.
- Develop business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions.
- Understand, work with and possibly help to develop e-commerce.
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures.
Contact the Freight & Logistics Division Team
Email the Freight & Logistics Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Freight & Logistics Jobs by Email
Let your next job land in your inbox by joining our freight & logistics mailing list.
Category: Logistics / Supply Chain
Stafffinders are looking for an experienced Transport Planner to join our Global Freight Forwarding client at their office base in the Renfrewshire area for an immediate start. This position will be an ongoing temporary basis initially.
We are particularly interested in speaking with individuals with International supply chain/vehicle planning ...