Hand packer/labeller jobs are usually quite varied. Packers and labellers work in factories and warehouses and pack a variety of products into boxes and crates.
A hand packer/labeller’s daily tasks could include:
- Marking and labelling containers and products
- Packing products with bubble wrap and polystyrene
- Measuring and weighing packaged goods
- Examining containers and products to ensure that packing specifications are met
- Sealing containers using glue, staples and fasteners
- Reporting any problems with the goods to a supervisor
- Cleaning your work area
A hand packer/labeller may also use loading and lifting equipment for heavy items. Likewise, they may be expected to operate a forklift truck to move items.
Contact the Food & Drink Team
Email the Food & Drink Division at email@example.com.