I have had very good service from all at the Glasgow Office. They found me a temporary position, which I have now been in for more than a year. As a candidate, you are made to feel that nothing is a bother, which is not the case with some other organisations. They are very prompt at returning your calls and my weekly payment is never late or wrong. I do, however, speak more to Michelle. You are always very pleasant and friendly to deal with, which makes life a lot easier. Thank you Stafffinders for helping me.
Why Choose a career in Water Engineering?
Water engineers are highly trained and experienced engineers from a variety of backgrounds, such as civil engineering and mechanical engineering, who want a new and exciting challenge in their career. It is a fantastic oppertunity for engineers who want to challenge global warming and other environmental issues.
They will work on a variety of water resource related projects involving sewage, flood defence schemes and clean water provision. This career gives skilled engineers the change to put their knowledge into projects which help global crises such as lack of clean water in third world countries.
The average salary range is £24,000-£32,000 but can increase dependant on management responsibilities.
Responsibilities of a Water Engineer
- Producing designs of both initial outlines and full plans, of sewerage, water treatment and flood defence structures such as pump systems and pipe networks.
- Managing and maintaining water and sewerage infrastructure operations.
- Presenting project details and technical information to colleagues and clients.
- Managing project budgets and writing reports.
- Keeping up to date with changes in regulatory legislation and guidelines.
- Writing and advertising tender documents and managing contracts.
- Liaising with clients, contractors, government agencies, local authorities and suppliers
- Monitoring flood levels.
- Supervising staff and site workers.
- Ensuring that projects keep to budgets and timescales.
- Maintaining an awareness of current environmental issues.
Contact the Engineering Division Team
Email the Engineering Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Engineering Jobs by Email
Kick-start your career today by joining our engineering mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.