Since registering with Stafffinders for temporary work, they have always kept me out working. The Recruitment Consultants are always courteous and work hard finding assignments that suit me.
Expect to work around 37 hours a week, usually on shifts. You may work weekends and bank holidays.
You'll spend most of your time in a rail depot or engineering workshop, with some time on the sidings and could find jobs with train operating companies, ScotRail, Light rail and metro companies in big cities like Glasgow.
There is further potential to work with specialist companies who are contracted by the rail operators. With experience, you could be promoted to maintenance team leader or engineering workshop manager.
Working in the Rail Engineering profession
- Building new engines and carriages
- Fitting out new carriages with upholstery, lighting, control panels and communication systems
- Inspecting bodywork, roofs and under-carriages for wear and tear or damage
- Repairing or replacing parts
- Making new parts
- Carrying out regular maintenance checks on systems such as brakes and couplings
- Taking apart and testing mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems
- Writing reports and updating maintenance records
Contact the Engineering Division Team
Email the Engineering Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Engineering Jobs by Email
Kick-start your career today by joining our engineering mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.