I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Mrs Peplinska for her cooperation, helpfulness and competence in assisting me in my job search. I thank her for her professional and respectful approach to business. It was a pleasure to deal with her and I wish her all the best in future.
Materials Engineer Jobs
Material Engineers are involved in the development, processing and testing of the materials used to create a range of products from computer chips and television screens to golf clubs and snow skis. Material Engineers work with metals, ceramics, plastics, semiconductors and composites to create new materials that meet certain mechanical, electrical and chemical requirements. This position is also involved in selecting materials for new applications.
Duties of a Material Engineer
- Selecting the best combination of materials for specific purposes
- Testing materials to assess how resistant they are to heat, corrosion or chemical attack
- Analysing data using computer modelling software
- Assessing materials for specific qualities (such as electrical conductivity, durability, renewability)
- Developing prototypes
- Considering the implications for waste and other environmental pollution issues of any product or process
- Advising on the adaptability of a plant to new processes and materials
- Working to solve problems arising during the manufacturing process or with the finished product, such as those caused by daily wear and tear or a change of environment
- Supervising quality control throughout the construction and production process
- Monitoring plant conditions and material reactions during use
- Helping to ensure that products comply with national and international legal and quality standards
- Advising on inspection, maintenance and repair procedures
- Liaising with colleagues in manufacturing, technical and scientific support, purchasing and marketing
- Supervising the work of materials engineering technicians and other staff
- Considering the costs implications of materials used and alternatives, in terms of both time and money
- Taking account of energy usage in manufacturing and in-service energy saving, e.g. in transport and construction applications.
The Salary for a materials engineer ranges from £20,000 to £26,000.
With experience, this rises to between £27,000 and £50,000.
A Senior Engineer with chartered status can earn you a salary of up to £60,000.
Material Engineers have developed the ability to create and then study materials at an atomic level, using advanced processes to replicate the characteristics of materials and their components with computers. Most Material Engineers specialise in a particular material. For example, metallurgical engineers specialise in metals such as steel and ceramic engineers develop ceramic materials and the processes for making ceramic materials into useful products such as glassware or fibre optic communication lines.
Contact the Engineering Division Team
Email the Engineering Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Engineering Jobs by Email
Kick-start your career today by joining our engineering mailing list.
Stafffinders have a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to work for a long-standing company on a temp to permanent contract. Due to an increased workload our client in the Ayrshire area are looking for MIG Welders.
This is a work shop-based role in a busy production environment and we are ...
Location: Dalgety Bay
We currently have a full time vacancy at our clients site in Dalgety Bay, for a Senior Electrical Engineer.
Main Job Responsibilities
To oversee all aspects of electrical design on multi-discipline design and build projects, from concept right through to implementation, ensuring compliance with Client specifications and current regulatory standards ...
Category: Marine Engineer
Staffinders are recruiting for Support Engineers on behalf our clients who multi-award-winning ship management specialists.
The role is shore based providing technical support, conducting maintenance planned and preventative, repairs of all equipment and vessels and supporting breakdowns where appropriate.
Time Served diesel mechanic or experienced motorman
Maintenance engineering or small ...
Location: Argyll and Bute
Category: Marine Engineer
Staffinders are recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer on behalf our client who multi-award-winning ship management specialists, providing essential services and logistical support.
Reporting to the Mechanical Specialist your new role will be mobile however periodic attendance will be required when the vessels are in annual dry dock, you will be ...
Salary: £27000 to £30000 p/a
Our client are a rapidly expanding contractor working in the water sector.
They have a large number of projects coming up which means they are recruiting for Mechanical Fitters to joing their existing team.
You will be field based and work on various frameworks across Scotland.
The vacancies will be ...