I found Stafffinders to very professional and prompt in both their interview advice and communications. Stafffinders contacted me three week ago with a vacancy they thought would be of interest and yesterday I was offered the job! I would definitely y recommend Stafffinders to others looking to further their career.
Materials Engineer Jobs
Material Engineers are involved in the development, processing and testing of the materials used to create a range of products from computer chips and television screens to golf clubs and snow skis. Material Engineers work with metals, ceramics, plastics, semiconductors and composites to create new materials that meet certain mechanical, electrical and chemical requirements. This position is also involved in selecting materials for new applications.
Duties of a Material Engineer
- Selecting the best combination of materials for specific purposes
- Testing materials to assess how resistant they are to heat, corrosion or chemical attack
- Analysing data using computer modelling software
- Assessing materials for specific qualities (such as electrical conductivity, durability, renewability)
- Developing prototypes
- Considering the implications for waste and other environmental pollution issues of any product or process
- Advising on the adaptability of a plant to new processes and materials
- Working to solve problems arising during the manufacturing process or with the finished product, such as those caused by daily wear and tear or a change of environment
- Supervising quality control throughout the construction and production process
- Monitoring plant conditions and material reactions during use
- Helping to ensure that products comply with national and international legal and quality standards
- Advising on inspection, maintenance and repair procedures
- Liaising with colleagues in manufacturing, technical and scientific support, purchasing and marketing
- Supervising the work of materials engineering technicians and other staff
- Considering the costs implications of materials used and alternatives, in terms of both time and money
- Taking account of energy usage in manufacturing and in-service energy saving, e.g. in transport and construction applications.
The Salary for a materials engineer ranges from £20,000 to £26,000.
With experience, this rises to between £27,000 and £50,000.
A Senior Engineer with chartered status can earn you a salary of up to £60,000.
Material Engineers have developed the ability to create and then study materials at an atomic level, using advanced processes to replicate the characteristics of materials and their components with computers. Most Material Engineers specialise in a particular material. For example, metallurgical engineers specialise in metals such as steel and ceramic engineers develop ceramic materials and the processes for making ceramic materials into useful products such as glassware or fibre optic communication lines.
Contact the Engineering Division Team
Email the Engineering Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Engineering Jobs by Email
Kick-start your career today by joining our engineering mailing list.
Salary: £34000 to £36000 p/a
Category: Engineering / Technical
On behalf of our client, Stafffinders are currently recruiting for an experienced Catering Engineer to work in a mobile role in Edinburgh and surrounding areas.
1. Electrical background
2. COMCAT 1,3 & 5
3. Full clean drivers Licence
This is a permanent position.
This vacancy has been advertised on ...
Salary: £13.00 p/h
Category: CNC Machinist
Stafffinders are currently looking for a CNC Machinist to join a local client based in Paisley on an ongoing temporary basis.
The role will involve -
- To set and operate machines for production work.
- To operate machines.
- To ensure that the quality expectations, as per drawing and planning are achieved.
- Ensure ...
Category: CNC Programmer
Stafffinders are currently recruiting for an CNC Programmer for a family business based in Paisley on a permanent basis.
This role will involve -
To operate and programme CNC Machines with Heidenhain Controls
Work to customers drawings and specifications
Ability to use a variety of measuring equipment
Used to ...
Salary: £28000 to £32000 p/a
Category: Engineering / Technical
Due to continued growth our client have an opening for an experienced Sales Estimator, where you will be based out of one of their offices within the West of Scotland.
Ideally you will have around 5 years' experience within manufacturing along with proven sales negotiation experience.
The job purpose is ...
Salary: £34000 to £34000 p/a
I currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to be part of a growing manufacturing organisation based in North Ayrshire.
Our clients operate a strong manufacturing process, producing goods to extremely specific requirements for both UK and International customers.
We are looking for someone who has ...