Just recently signed up with Stafffinders. Danielle and Katrina are amazing!!! Very professional.
They give you a whole list of available jobs and you can pick and choose which ones suit you.
Been with a few agencies in the past none of them can touch the girls though. You can even do your timesheet online so no looking for the Duty Manager at the end of your shift. Great agency knocked back a full time job to stay with them.
Materials Engineer Jobs
Material Engineers are involved in the development, processing and testing of the materials used to create a range of products from computer chips and television screens to golf clubs and snow skis. Material Engineers work with metals, ceramics, plastics, semiconductors and composites to create new materials that meet certain mechanical, electrical and chemical requirements. This position is also involved in selecting materials for new applications.
Duties of a Material Engineer
- Selecting the best combination of materials for specific purposes
- Testing materials to assess how resistant they are to heat, corrosion or chemical attack
- Analysing data using computer modelling software
- Assessing materials for specific qualities (such as electrical conductivity, durability, renewability)
- Developing prototypes
- Considering the implications for waste and other environmental pollution issues of any product or process
- Advising on the adaptability of a plant to new processes and materials
- Working to solve problems arising during the manufacturing process or with the finished product, such as those caused by daily wear and tear or a change of environment
- Supervising quality control throughout the construction and production process
- Monitoring plant conditions and material reactions during use
- Helping to ensure that products comply with national and international legal and quality standards
- Advising on inspection, maintenance and repair procedures
- Liaising with colleagues in manufacturing, technical and scientific support, purchasing and marketing
- Supervising the work of materials engineering technicians and other staff
- Considering the costs implications of materials used and alternatives, in terms of both time and money
- Taking account of energy usage in manufacturing and in-service energy saving, e.g. in transport and construction applications.
The Salary for a materials engineer ranges from £20,000 to £26,000.
With experience, this rises to between £27,000 and £50,000.
A Senior Engineer with chartered status can earn you a salary of up to £60,000.
Material Engineers have developed the ability to create and then study materials at an atomic level, using advanced processes to replicate the characteristics of materials and their components with computers. Most Material Engineers specialise in a particular material. For example, metallurgical engineers specialise in metals such as steel and ceramic engineers develop ceramic materials and the processes for making ceramic materials into useful products such as glassware or fibre optic communication lines.
Contact the Engineering Division Team
Email the Engineering Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Engineering Jobs by Email
Kick-start your career today by joining our engineering mailing list.
Category: Marine Engineer
Staffinders are recruiting for Support Engineers on behalf our clients who multi-award-winning ship management specialists.
The role is shore based providing technical support, conducting maintenance planned and preventative, repairs of all equipment and vessels and supporting breakdowns where appropriate.
Time Served diesel mechanic or experienced motorman
Maintenance engineering or small ...
Location: Argyll and Bute
Category: Marine Engineer
Staffinders are recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer on behalf our client who multi-award-winning ship management specialists, providing essential services and logistical support.
Reporting to the Mechanical Specialist your new role will be mobile however periodic attendance will be required when the vessels are in annual dry dock, you will be ...
Salary: £27000 to £30000 p/a
Our client are a rapidly expanding contractor working in the water sector.
They have a large number of projects coming up which means they are recruiting for Mechanical Fitters to joing their existing team.
You will be field based and work on various frameworks across Scotland.
The vacancies will be ...
Category: Site Engineer
We are currently recruiting for experienced Site Managers to join teams based in the Cumbernauld area of Glasgow.
These are full time positions for which you will be required to liaise with, and report directly to, the Project Manager on all matters relating to the relevant project implementation plan through ...
Stafffinders are delighted to be working with highly respected niche engineering service company to recruit a Senior Electrical Engineer.
What you will be doing
Overseeing all aspects of electrical design on multi-discipline design and build chemical dosing projects, from concept right through to implementation, ensuring compliance with Client specifications and ...