Maintenance Engineer Jobs in Glasgow
Stafffinders recruits for Maintenance Engineer jobs within Glasgow, Edinburgh and wider Scotland. across the rest of the country. It is widely accepted that engineers in the United Kingdom are in great demand right now, and you don't even need a specific degree to get into the industry.
Being at the frontline of an engineering plant and dealing with all equipment maintenance, Maintenance Engineers implement routine maintenance of plant equipment and machinery. In addition, the role requires engineers who can attend breakdowns, diagnose faults and oversee time-critical repairs.
In modern complex plants, Maintenance Engineers employ sophisticated computerised systems to schedule the work. They may also oversee the work of teams of maintenance personnel, such as fitters and technicians.
Maintenance Engineer Jobs - experience required
Maintenance Engineers can be involved in all stages of manufacturing. In equipment development, for instance, they work to incorporate efficient methods of maintaining new equipment and may be involved in the installation and commissioning process. Through the production phase, they work to improve the useful life of plant equipment and machinery.
Maintenance Engineers play a vital role in the efficiency, development and progress of manufacturing/processing industries. They work with other professionals to improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns, and develop strategies to improve the overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel and production processes.
They may also be called upon to develop plant asset care policies, liaising closely with suppliers, customers, other departments and senior managers.
Maintenance Engineer duties and responsibility jobs
- designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods;
- planning and scheduling planned and unplanned work;
- arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components;
- controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment;
- monitoring and controlling maintenance costs;
- writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines.
Maintenance Engineer - expected salary
- Starting salaries for maintenance engineers are around £20,000 to £25,000.
- Mid-range salaries usually fall between £30,000 and £35,000.
- With experience, your salary could rise to £40,000.
Engineering Jobs by Email
Kick-start your career today by joining our engineering mailing list.