Could not recommend stafffinders enough. I met with Chloe, and already she had me in mind for a position that had just come up. She organised the interview, and I was successful. Throughout the temping experience she was always readily available with advice, or help. I am now a permanent employee and could not have done it without stafffinders.
Thank you so much Chloe x
Health & Safety Officer Jobs
Health & Safety Officers is an important one. In some construction firms, the Safety Officer may be an officer or senior manager of the company. Health & Safety Officers primary responsibility is to keep the loss of human and property resources to a minimum. A Health & Safety Officer is an individual capable of managing job site safety by providing safety training for employees, inspecting job sites, correcting safety hazards found during regular inspections, managing worker's compensation insurance processes, and ensuring that the company is in compliance with required Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety and health standards.
As a health and safety officer, you'll need to:
- carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced;
- outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards;
- carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
- ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation;
- prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy;
- lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
- keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements;
- record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers;
- keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry;
- attend Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) seminars and read professional journals;
- produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins;
- ensure equipment is installed safely;
- manage and organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. asbestos;
- advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
Starting salaries for health and safety advisers are usually in the region of £24,000 to £32,000.
The role of senior health and safety adviser attracts a salary of around £40,000 to £55,000.
Highly experienced advisers, such as head of health and safety, earn £70,000 to £80,000.
Contact the Engineering Division Team
Email the Engineering Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Engineering Jobs by Email
Kick-start your career today by joining our engineering mailing list.
Category: Construction / Trades / Property
Staffinders require 6 x Joiners for work in Largs and surrounding areas.
Must have CSCS Cards, Previous site experience & checkable references.
Immediate start available
6 month contract
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Stafffinders which is operating as an employment business
Category: Surveyor - Quantity
Stafffinders are delighted to be working with highly respected niche engineering service company to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
The successful candidate will manage the financial and commercial aspects of projects, understanding and adhering to current legislation, Health and Safety law and Contract law. Offer strategic guidance to Clients, including ...
Staffinders are recruiting of behalf a dynamic and expanding organisation looking for an enthusiastic and committed person to work as part of their team.
You will be working closely with both public and private sector clients and requires a good communicator and team player with good IT skills ...