I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Mrs Peplinska for her cooperation, helpfulness and competence in assisting me in my job search. I thank her for her professional and respectful approach to business. It was a pleasure to deal with her and I wish her all the best in future.
Health & Safety Officer Jobs
Health & Safety Officers is an important one. In some construction firms, the Safety Officer may be an officer or senior manager of the company. Health & Safety Officers primary responsibility is to keep the loss of human and property resources to a minimum. A Health & Safety Officer is an individual capable of managing job site safety by providing safety training for employees, inspecting job sites, correcting safety hazards found during regular inspections, managing worker's compensation insurance processes, and ensuring that the company is in compliance with required Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety and health standards.
As a health and safety officer, you'll need to:
- carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced;
- outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards;
- carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
- ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation;
- prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy;
- lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
- keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements;
- record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers;
- keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry;
- attend Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) seminars and read professional journals;
- produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins;
- ensure equipment is installed safely;
- manage and organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. asbestos;
- advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
Starting salaries for health and safety advisers are usually in the region of £24,000 to £32,000.
The role of senior health and safety adviser attracts a salary of around £40,000 to £55,000.
Highly experienced advisers, such as head of health and safety, earn £70,000 to £80,000.
Contact the Engineering Division Team
Email the Engineering Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Engineering Jobs by Email
Kick-start your career today by joining our engineering mailing list.
Location: Glasgow Area
Category: Civil Engineer
Stafffinders are recruiting on behalf of our client a well-established Civil Engineering and Building Contractor based in Scotland
We are looking for Ground workers for ongoing projects in the Glasgow area.
All candidates must have:
Duties will include General labouring and Concrete Repairs
This vacancy is ...
Salary: £10.50 p/h
My client is looking for numerous general labourers based in Livingston. 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with a rate of £10.50 (umbrella) per hour.
You will be working on a large scale development, approximately 12 months with possibility of an extension for the right candidates.
General labourer ...
Salary: £18.00 p/h
My client is looking for numerous 1st fix/2nd fix joiners, in Edinburgh city centre. 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with a great rate of £18 per hour.
You will be working on a large scale commercial development, long term work for the right candidates.
What you will ...
Category: Surveyor - Quantity
My client is a not for profit affordable housing provider who is seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
Oversee the financial and commercial relationships with suppliers and subsidiary organisations.
cost analysis and financial planning and provide full management reports.
Responsible for successful costing, billing and appraisal ...
Staffinders are recruiting of behalf a dynamic and expanding organisation looking for an enthusiastic and committed person to work as part of their team.
You will be working closely with both public and private sector clients and requires a good communicator and team player with good IT skills ...