I have had very good service from all at the Glasgow Office. They found me a temporary position, which I have now been in for more than a year. As a candidate, you are made to feel that nothing is a bother, which is not the case with some other organisations. They are very prompt at returning your calls and my weekly payment is never late or wrong. I do, however, speak more to Michelle. You are always very pleasant and friendly to deal with, which makes life a lot easier. Thank you Stafffinders for helping me.
Engineering Production Manager Jobs
Engineering Production Manager Jobs plan, co-ordinate and control industrial processes. They ensure that goods and services are produced efficiently, that they are of the right quality, quantity, and cost and that they are produced on time, to the satisfaction of the customer at the right price.
The exact nature of the work for Engineering Production Managers will depend on the size of the employing organisation. However, it will almost certainly involve:
- drawing up a production schedule
- working out the human and materials resources needed
- estimating how long a job will take, costing it, and setting the quality standards
- monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed
- supervising and motivating a team of workers
Duties of the Engineering Production Manager
At the pre-production stage, the Engineering Production Managers are responsible for the selection and design of equipment, the plant layout, materials handling and production planning (including demand forecasting, production scheduling and ordering of material).
You will be responsible for planning, designing and installing the systems that oversee the manufacturing of a particular product. This will involve:
- gathering the system requirements - what it is supposed to do?
- designing the most effective way of meeting these requirements
- estimating budgets
- programming Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) machines
- using database query language (such as SQL), to explore data and monitor performance
- carry out safety check and risk assessments
- supporting the training of other Production Engineers
Engineering Production Managers will generally be educated to a degree level and work their way up in the industry.
It is also your responsibility to make adjustments on the design, based on feedback from colleagues or clients.
Contact the Engineering Division Team
Email the Engineering Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Engineering Jobs by Email
Kick-start your career today by joining our engineering mailing list.
Category: Manufacturing Engineer
Stafffinders are recruiting for an experienced CNC Machinist to join our prestigious client based in Glasgow Please see details.
Job Requirements Include: -
Meeting strict daily targets
Following instructions to the exact detail
Ensuring all health and safety policies adhered to
To Apply: -