Could not recommend stafffinders enough. I met with Chloe, and already she had me in mind for a position that had just come up. She organised the interview, and I was successful. Throughout the temping experience she was always readily available with advice, or help. I am now a permanent employee and could not have done it without stafffinders.
Thank you so much Chloe x
Engineering Production Manager Jobs
Engineering Production Manager Jobs plan, co-ordinate and control industrial processes. They ensure that goods and services are produced efficiently, that they are of the right quality, quantity, and cost and that they are produced on time, to the satisfaction of the customer at the right price.
The exact nature of the work for Engineering Production Managers will depend on the size of the employing organisation. However, it will almost certainly involve:
- drawing up a production schedule
- working out the human and materials resources needed
- estimating how long a job will take, costing it, and setting the quality standards
- monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed
- supervising and motivating a team of workers
Duties of the Engineering Production Manager
At the pre-production stage, the Engineering Production Managers are responsible for the selection and design of equipment, the plant layout, materials handling and production planning (including demand forecasting, production scheduling and ordering of material).
You will be responsible for planning, designing and installing the systems that oversee the manufacturing of a particular product. This will involve:
- gathering the system requirements - what it is supposed to do?
- designing the most effective way of meeting these requirements
- estimating budgets
- programming Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) machines
- using database query language (such as SQL), to explore data and monitor performance
- carry out safety check and risk assessments
- supporting the training of other Production Engineers
Engineering Production Managers will generally be educated to a degree level and work their way up in the industry.
It is also your responsibility to make adjustments on the design, based on feedback from colleagues or clients.
Contact the Engineering Division Team
Email the Engineering Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Engineering Jobs by Email
Kick-start your career today by joining our engineering mailing list.
Our Edinburgh based client has a new opportunity for a Head of Energy Services to join their team.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be responsible for the management and growth of the division which includes the team and its profit and loss. In addition, you will also provide ...
Stafffinders are seeking a Consenting Associate Director to join an Award Winning client within the renewable energy sector.
Reporting to the Consultancy Director, you will hold responsibility for managing both the development and consenting stages of renewable energy projects. Additionally, you will responsible for the coaching and development of the ...