Could not recommend stafffinders enough. I met with Chloe, and already she had me in mind for a position that had just come up. She organised the interview, and I was successful. Throughout the temping experience she was always readily available with advice, or help. I am now a permanent employee and could not have done it without stafffinders.
Thank you so much Chloe x
Electrical Design Engineer Jobs
Electrical design engineer jobs will design electrical systems, perform analysis and prepare corresponding specifications or reports as required for assigned projects. They will troubleshoot, analyse and resolve electrical problems and develop system specifications and layouts.
They will inspect newly fabricated or refurbished electrical equipment, to ensure compliance with approved drawings, specifications and standards. Co-ordinating and supervising the work of draftsmen and technicians to ensure the standard of quality and the design criteria are met; reviewing engineering drawings and calculations for compliance with corporate, classification and regulatory rules to ensure adequate standards of safety are incorporated are other duties and electrical design engineer would undertake.
Electrical design engineers would also be responsible for organising technical discussions with sub-contractors and vendors in order to specify designs or systems necessary for an engineering project, evaluate existing designs of electrical equipment or systems to determine the operational effectiveness, safety, and relative cost of such systems.
To become an Electrical Design Engineer, you need:
- to have technical ability and good computer skills
- to be willing to keep up to date with any advances in technology
- to be able to work as part of a team
- good communication skills for writing technical reports and liaising with other staff and customers
- organisational skills to plan and co-ordinate resources
- the ability to pay close attention to detail
- an understanding of electrical health and safety regulations
- an analytical and logical mind to help with solving problems
- to remain calm under pressure, as you often work to deadlines
- a willingness to take on responsibility, and to lead and motivate others
Most Electrical Design Engineers work around 35-40 hours a week, Monday to Friday. However, early starts, late finishes and some weekend work may be required.
Contact the Engineering Division Team
Email the Engineering Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Engineering Jobs by Email
Kick-start your career today by joining our engineering mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.