I have had very good service from all at the Glasgow Office. They found me a temporary position, which I have now been in for more than a year. As a candidate, you are made to feel that nothing is a bother, which is not the case with some other organisations. They are very prompt at returning your calls and my weekly payment is never late or wrong. I do, however, speak more to Michelle. You are always very pleasant and friendly to deal with, which makes life a lot easier. Thank you Stafffinders for helping me.
Civil Engineer Jobs
Civil engineer jobs design and supervise the construction of roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, water supply and sewage systems. Civil engineer jobs must consider many factors in the design process, from the construction costs and expected lifetime of a project to government regulations and potential environmental hazards such as earthquakes.
Civil engineer jobs are considered one of the oldest engineering disciplines, encompasses many specialties. The major Civil engineer jobs specialties are structural, water resources, construction, environmental, transportation and geotechnical engineering. Many civil engineer jobs hold supervisory or administrative positions, from supervisor of a construction site to city engineer. Others may work in design, construction, research and teaching. Due to the nature of the work there are many opportunities for civil engineers to gain employment with local governments and essential services providers.
Civil Engineer Responsibilities:
Depending on whether you are a contractor or a consultant, work activities can include:
- undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations
- using a range of computer software for developing detailed designs
- undertaking complex calculations
- liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including architects and subcontractors
- compiling job specs and supervising tendering procedures
- resolving design and development problems
- managing budgets and project resources
- scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries
- making sure the project complies with legal requirements, especially health and safety
- assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects
- ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time
Contact the Engineering Division Team
Email the Engineering Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Engineering Jobs by Email
Kick-start your career today by joining our engineering mailing list.
Salary: £34000 to £36000 p/a
Category: Engineering / Technical
On behalf of our client, Stafffinders are currently recruiting for an experienced Catering Engineer to work in a mobile role in Edinburgh and surrounding areas.
1. Electrical background
2. COMCAT 1,3 & 5
3. Full clean drivers Licence
This is a permanent position.
This vacancy has been advertised on ...
Salary: £13.00 p/h
Category: CNC Machinist
Stafffinders are currently looking for a CNC Machinist to join a local client based in Paisley on an ongoing temporary basis.
The role will involve -
- To set and operate machines for production work.
- To operate machines.
- To ensure that the quality expectations, as per drawing and planning are achieved.
- Ensure ...
Category: CNC Programmer
Stafffinders are currently recruiting for an CNC Programmer for a family business based in Paisley on a permanent basis.
This role will involve -
To operate and programme CNC Machines with Heidenhain Controls
Work to customers drawings and specifications
Ability to use a variety of measuring equipment
Used to ...
Salary: £30000 to £40000 p/a
Category: Project Manager
Due to continued growth, our client, are looking to recruit a Space Planner/Manager for their Glasgow site.
Our client are a market leader who deliver a comprehensive range of office design, space planning, relocation, furniture supply and facility upgrade services.
• Manage furniture installations team & design team• Project ...
Salary: £28000 to £32000 p/a
Category: Engineering / Technical
Due to continued growth our client have an opening for an experienced Sales Estimator, where you will be based out of one of their offices within the West of Scotland.
Ideally you will have around 5 years' experience within manufacturing along with proven sales negotiation experience.
The job purpose is ...