I found Stafffinders to very professional and prompt in both their interview advice and communications. Stafffinders contacted me three week ago with a vacancy they thought would be of interest and yesterday I was offered the job! I would definitely y recommend Stafffinders to others looking to further their career.
Civil Engineer Jobs
Civil engineer jobs design and supervise the construction of roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, water supply and sewage systems. Civil engineer jobs must consider many factors in the design process, from the construction costs and expected lifetime of a project to government regulations and potential environmental hazards such as earthquakes.
Civil engineer jobs are considered one of the oldest engineering disciplines, encompasses many specialties. The major Civil engineer jobs specialties are structural, water resources, construction, environmental, transportation and geotechnical engineering. Many civil engineer jobs hold supervisory or administrative positions, from supervisor of a construction site to city engineer. Others may work in design, construction, research and teaching. Due to the nature of the work there are many opportunities for civil engineers to gain employment with local governments and essential services providers.
Civil Engineer Responsibilities:
Depending on whether you are a contractor or a consultant, work activities can include:
- undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations
- using a range of computer software for developing detailed designs
- undertaking complex calculations
- liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including architects and subcontractors
- compiling job specs and supervising tendering procedures
- resolving design and development problems
- managing budgets and project resources
- scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries
- making sure the project complies with legal requirements, especially health and safety
- assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects
- ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time
Contact the Engineering Division Team
Email the Engineering Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Engineering Jobs by Email
Kick-start your career today by joining our engineering mailing list.
Category: Engineering Management
- Ensure that all Company quality parameters and procedures are complied with and that all products manufactured meet the required standards and specifications
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner in compliance with the company’s H & S Policy and procedures
- Ensure the highest standard of ...
Salary: £23000 to £27000 p/a
Category: Engineering Management
Overall objectives of the job:
To work on sites across Scotland to assist in the installation of moveable partition systems.
To safely complete works as instructed by the Site Supervisor or Site Engineer.To cut and prepare track support system for moveable partitions.To drill concrete or steelwork to ...
Location: Dalgety Bay
We currently have a full time vacancy at our clients site in Dalgety Bay, for a Senior Electrical Engineer.
Main Job Responsibilities
To oversee all aspects of electrical design on multi-discipline design and build projects, from concept right through to implementation, ensuring compliance with Client specifications and current regulatory standards ...
We have urgent vacancies for experienced CNC Manual Turners for our client in Ayrshire who are a market leader where the core business is repairs and overhauls.
The successful candidates should have a good knowledge of CNC/Manual lathes and be competent at working within a team and individually.
We are currently looking for an experienced CAD Technician to join our clients team in their busy Glasgow office.
This is a full time role for which the post holder would be required to provide support on nominated projects promoting the use of efficient workflows on all phases of the ...