I have had very good service from all at the Glasgow Office. They found me a temporary position, which I have now been in for more than a year. As a candidate, you are made to feel that nothing is a bother, which is not the case with some other organisations. They are very prompt at returning your calls and my weekly payment is never late or wrong. I do, however, speak more to Michelle. You are always very pleasant and friendly to deal with, which makes life a lot easier. Thank you Stafffinders for helping me.
Supply Chain Manager Jobs
Supply Chain Managers (SCMs) play a vital role in the successful operation of an organisation or business by ensuring the smooth flow of goods and services throughout organisations.
Supply Chain Managers develop and manage the materials planning function for goods and materials demanded by the company's vessels. They create item specific forecasts over a rolling time horizon to be used for ordering and inventory management purposes. Supply Chain Managers create integrated processes among operations, purchasing, logistics, distribution and outside suppliers to execute the planning/replenishment process.
Using identification systems tools, you’ll implement planning/forecasting systems and lead re-engineering efforts as it relates to supply chain planning and execution systems.
Supply Chain Manager jobs responsibilities
Supply Chain Managers cover a range of responsibilities to cover everything from management and supervision supervising staff to the creation of material requirement plans and/or forecasts.
- Establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning/forecasting.
- Measure actual performance against goals on a regular basis and present results to senior management;
- Working knowledge of the development, use, and implementation of planning and forecasting systems and apply expertise to specify system functionality.
- There’s often the opportunity to travel worldwide to vessels as required to enrol shipboard management in the planning/forecasting process.
- IT expertise - utilise computer software programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) for data analysis and reporting.
- Understand the integrated supply chain and logistic concepts
- Ability to communicate objectives clearly and convey the benefits to the organisation.
- In supply chain management, you’ll be knowledgeable in planning and forecasting systems (MRP/DRP/ERP/CRM) and bring experience in implementing planning/forecasting system.
Required experience and qualifications to become a Supply Chain Manager
Qualifications are not always needed for this career. Many employers will value relevant first-hand business experience above actual qualifications. This experience could include:
- Be knowledgeable in planning and forecasting systems (MRP/DRP/ERP/CRM) and bring experience in implementing planning/forecasting system.
- Supply chain managers will bring expertise in product-specific forecasting in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Previous exposure to JD Edwards and AMOS systems can put real gravitas behind any job application.
Supply Chain Manager salary expectation
Supply chain manager jobs will earn around £36,500 and can increase up to £51,500 for experienced personnel. Income figures are intended as a guide only.
Contact the Distribution Division Team
Email the Distribution Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Distribution Jobs by Email
Join our distribution mailing list and be the first to hear of our vacancies.
Category: Logistics / Supply Chain
Stafffinders are looking for an experienced Transport Planner to join our Global Freight Forwarding client at their office base in the Renfrewshire area for an immediate start. This position will be an ongoing temporary basis initially.
We are particularly interested in speaking with individuals with International supply chain/vehicle planning ...
Salary: £8.72 p/h
Stafffinders are recruiting for Industrial Waste Operatives for a site in Midlothian. This is being offered as a temporary full time role (40 hours per week, any overtime is paid at a higher rate).
- Picking materials from a moving conveyor belt or from piles of waste
- Helping the ...
Location: Glasgow Area
Salary: £12.50 p/h
Category: Driver - LGV/Taxi/Minibus
Stafffinders are seeking a 3.5T Drivers with ADR 6 for an 8 weeks contract.
Ensure all waste collections are carried out in accordance with company procedures
To complete all work related paperwork in full and hand in at the end of the shift
To carry out vehicle ...