Just recently signed up with Stafffinders. Danielle and Katrina are amazing!!! Very professional.
They give you a whole list of available jobs and you can pick and choose which ones suit you.
Been with a few agencies in the past none of them can touch the girls though. You can even do your timesheet online so no looking for the Duty Manager at the end of your shift. Great agency knocked back a full time job to stay with them.
A career in logistics and distribution may suit you if you enjoy coordinating and overseeing a process to its completion
Logistics and distribution roles include organising the storage and distribution of goods, ensuring that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost. You may also be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods.
In management roles, you will need to have an understanding of the whole supply chain. This will allow you to coordinate it effectively and liaise with suppliers of raw materials, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Using IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs.
- Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle.
- Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements.
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs.
- Manage staff.
- Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers.
- Develop business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions.
- Understand, work with and possibly help to develop e-commerce.
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures.
Contact the Distribution Division Team
Email the Distribution Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Distribution Jobs by Email
Join our distribution mailing list and be the first to hear of our vacancies.
Salary: £22000 to £25000 p/a
Category: Freight Forwarding
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Freight Forwarder to join an Edinburgh based company. We are particularly interested in speaking with individuals who will complement this ethos and bring a fresh & innovative approach to this role.
The role is a permanent full-time role. Reporting directly to the Operations director ...