Media Planner Jobs
As a media planner, you will work with social media/websites, press, television and radio to identify which media platforms will best advertise your client's brand or product. You'll work with advertising agencies or media planning agencies, with the aim of maximising the impact of advertising campaigns through a range of media platforms.
By combining creative thinking with the factual analysis you'll develop appropriate strategies to ensure that campaigns reach their target audiences as effectively as possible. You'll also apply a knowledge of media and communication platforms to identify the most appropriate mediums for building awareness of a client's brand.
The median salary for a Media Planner in the UK is £25,390 per year.
Job duties of a media planner
- Work with the client and the account team to understand the client's business objectives and advertising strategy.
- Liaise with the creative agency team, clients and consumers to develop media strategies and campaigns.
- Work on several projects at the same time, often for several different clients.
- Make decisions on the best form of media for specific clients and campaigns.
- Undertake research and analyse data using specialist industry resources.
- Identify target audiences and analyse their characteristics, behaviour and media habits
- Present proposals, including cost schedules, to clients.
- Recommend the most appropriate types of media to use, as well as the most effective time spans and locations.
- Work with colleagues, other departments and media buyers either in-house or in a specialist agency.
- Make and maintain good contacts with media owners, such as newspapers, magazines and websites.
- Manage client relationships to build respect and gain their trust in your judgement.
- proofread advertisement content before release
- Maintain detailed records.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns to inform future ones.
Design Jobs by Email
Don't miss a trick, sign up to our design mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.