I have had very good service from all at the Glasgow Office. They found me a temporary position, which I have now been in for more than a year. As a candidate, you are made to feel that nothing is a bother, which is not the case with some other organisations. They are very prompt at returning your calls and my weekly payment is never late or wrong. I do, however, speak more to Michelle. You are always very pleasant and friendly to deal with, which makes life a lot easier. Thank you Stafffinders for helping me.
Dental Technician Jobs
Dental technicians are dental care professionals who work as part of the dental team, assisting with the preparation of treatments. Dental technicians make the dentures, crowns, bridges and dental braces in preparation of fitting.
Working to dentists or doctors prescriptions, a dental health technicians role includes the use of a wide range of materials, including gold, porcelain and plastic, and they are also required to design and construct appliances to meet patients needs.
Salaries can start from £22,000 and reach up to £40,000 for dental technicians with more experience.
What does a Dental Technician do?
- Replaces partial or total loss of natural teeth by constructing partial or full dentures.
- Restores natural teeth by fabricating crowns and bridges.
- Corrects dental irregularities by manufacturing fixed or removable appliances.
- Completes implantology procedures by fabricating prostheses to fit implants, for the dentist to place directly into the patient's jawbone.
- Replaces missing facial and body tissues due to injury, disease, or developmental abnormality by fabricating maxillo-facial prostheses.
- Constructs prostheses by following the dentist's prescription; making models of the mouth and teeth from impressions of the patient's mouth taken by the dentist; building-up wax replicas of part or all of the mouth and/or teeth on the model; encasing the wax in a mould material and melting away the wax; replacing the wax with plastic, metal, or ceramic materials to make the replacement appliance; polishing and finishing the appliance prior to it being placed in the patient's mouth by the dentist.
- Utilizes and conserves supplies and equipment by completing plaster casting, electro-spot welding, metal casting, metal polishing, wax modeling, ceramics, wire bending, electroplating and sandblasting; and using CAD/CAM units.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes.
Contact the Dental Division Team
Email the Dental Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Dental Jobs by Email
Take your job search to the next level, sign up to our dental mailing list.
Salary: £10.00 p/h
Category: Medical Receptionist
Stafffinders are currently recruiting for a Medical Receptionist in the Renfrewshire area. This role is temporary ongoing until August 2019
Hours will vary week to week (20 – 30hrs approx.)
We are particularly interested in speaking to candidates from a medical reception background however, this is not essential.
Category: Healthcare Support Worker
Stafffinders are working with their Edinburgh based client seeking experienced Support Workers to join their expanding team across Midlothian.
As a support worker, you will join a dedicated, friendly and motivated team who personalise support and care on an individual basis to their customers. To achieve this, you will collaborate ...
Category: Dental Nurse
Are you a Locum Dental Nurse that likes to go above and beyond? Are you looking for a job that gives you all the flexibility you need to balance all aspects of your life? Do you want to earn some extra cash for a brilliant new year start?
We are ...
Category: Healthcare Support Worker
Stafffinders are looking for x3 female Support Workers to join our care client based in the North Lanarkshire area. You will be responsible for the day to day care of our client’s customers delivering personalised and outcome-based care, allowing customers to live full and active lives. Please note, drivers ...