I have had very good service from all at the Glasgow Office. They found me a temporary position, which I have now been in for more than a year. As a candidate, you are made to feel that nothing is a bother, which is not the case with some other organisations. They are very prompt at returning your calls and my weekly payment is never late or wrong. I do, however, speak more to Michelle. You are always very pleasant and friendly to deal with, which makes life a lot easier. Thank you Stafffinders for helping me.
Dental Technician Jobs in Scotland
Dental technicians are dental care professionals who work as part of the dental team, assisting with the preparation of treatments. Dental technicians make the dentures, crowns, bridges and dental braces in preparation of fitting.
Working to dentists or doctors prescriptions, a dental health technicians role includes the use of a wide range of materials, including gold, porcelain and plastic, and they are also required to design and construct appliances to meet patients needs.
Dental Technician Jobs - task requirements
- Replaces partial or total loss of natural teeth by constructing partial or full dentures.
- Restores natural teeth by fabricating crowns and bridges.
- Corrects dental irregularities by manufacturing fixed or removable appliances.
- Completes implantology procedures by fabricating prostheses to fit implants, for the dentist to place directly into the patient's jawbone.
- Replaces missing facial and body tissues due to injury, disease, or developmental abnormality by fabricating maxillo-facial prostheses.
- Constructs prostheses by following the dentist's prescription; making models of the mouth and teeth from impressions of the patient's mouth taken by the dentist; building-up wax replicas of part or all of the mouth and/or teeth on the model; encasing the wax in a mould material and melting away the wax; replacing the wax with plastic, metal, or ceramic materials to make the replacement appliance; polishing and finishing the appliance prior to it being placed in the patient's mouth by the dentist.
- Utilizes and conserves supplies and equipment by completing plaster casting, electro-spot welding, metal casting, metal polishing, wax modeling, ceramics, wire bending, electroplating and sandblasting; and using CAD/CAM units.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes.
Dental Technicians - expected salary
Salaries can start from £22,000 and reach up to £40,000 for dental technicians with more experience.
The General Dental Council GDC contains a valuable CPD section to ensure Dental Technicians remain on top of their professional development.
Contact the Dental Division Team
Email the Dental Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Dental Jobs by Email
Take your job search to the next level, sign up to our dental mailing list.
Category: Healthcare Support Worker
Stafffinders are working with their Edinburgh based client seeking experienced Support Workers to join their expanding team across Midlothian.
As a support worker, you will join a dedicated, friendly and motivated team who personalise support and care on an individual basis to their customers. To achieve this, you will collaborate ...