I found Stafffinders to very professional and prompt in both their interview advice and communications. Stafffinders contacted me three week ago with a vacancy they thought would be of interest and yesterday I was offered the job! I would definitely y recommend Stafffinders to others looking to further their career.
Site Agent Jobs
A Site Agent has the title of a construction manager or building manager. He or she will oversee operations on a day-to-day basis, and ensure that work is done safely, on time and within budget and to the right quality standards.
As a Site Agent, you could be responsible for a whole site or, with larger schemes, you may be responsible for part of a project and report to a more senior manager, who may be taking care of several projects at the same time.
Before work starts, a Site Agent gets things ready by taking on staff and preparing the site, carefully planning the work to be done and installing temporary offices for site staff.
Site Agents are the person in charge of a building contract. Most building sites, a Site Agent will be qualified to ONC, HNC, HND level or higher in civil engineering or a related subject.
Construction site manager job role explained
- Responsible for the coordination and control of the project from the design stage, through to completion and the handover of the project to the client.
- Day to day management of operations on construction site.
- Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delays.
- Regular monitoring and liaison with the contracts manager/project manager.
- Ensure adequate labour and sub-contract resource is available on site.
- Carry out toolbox briefings to the site teams and sub-contractors.
- Plan and efficiently organise the site facilities and logistics.
- Fulfil the role of temporary works co-ordinator on the project.
- Effectively communicate with the design team.
- Ensure workmanship and material standards are achieved in accordance with specifications, building regulations, health and safety legislation as well as quality standards.
- Ensure site team and sub-contractors are following common operational standards.
- Organise weekly review meetings with GA site/sub-contractors team.
- Carrying out safety inspections and fulfilling the health, safety and welfare responsibilities as detailed in the companies policy and in compliance with OHSAS 18001.
- Control and monitor site waste in accordance with the companies site waste minimisation & management policy.
- Create and maintain good relations with clients, design teams and neighbours as well as any other stakeholders.
- Continually develop knowledge of innovative construction techniques.
- Undertake all relevant training and development activities as required.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection process as and when required.
- Fulfil the role of mentor as and when required.
- Attend industry dinners, functions, seminars etc., as required on behalf of the company.
- Contribute to the companies corporate social responsibility initiatives.
Contact the Construction Division Team
Email the Construction Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Construction Jobs by Email
Don't miss out on your calling, join our construction mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.