Senior Planning and Programming Manager Jobs
Build a career in the construction industry for satisfying roles such as Senior Planning and Programming Manager Jobs and work with major contractors in Glasgow, Edinburgh and London.
Understanding how a construction site operates is crucial to success in Site Based Planner Jobs. You’ll provide operational planning support, including auditing and reporting on project progress against programme.
There are no strict education requirements to be a Senior Planning and Programming Manager because most people enter Project Management from other areas of the Construction industry.
Typical traits required in project management:
- Organised and motivated
- Able to lead others
- Great attention to detail
- Assertiveness and able to have hard conversations
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Able to make practical decisions
- Able to think creatively
- Can relate to a wide range of people
- Can work well under pressure and meet agreed deadlines
Duties and responsibilities of Site Based Planners
The day-to-day responsibilities of a Senior Site Based Planner and Programme Manager can include any of the following:
- Production of comprehensive phasing plans and programmes
- Communicating with project team, clients and key stakeholders
- Managing external vendors and that their services meet agreed specifications
- Progress of programmes with site teams and highlight areas of concern and introduce mitigation measures
- Liaison with site teams regarding input into programme development
- Collation of progress information and production of progress reporting.
- Undertake and prepare delay analysis and collation of reports in conjunction with Project Management Teams
- Update Programme following change control procedure
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of various construction and civil engineering projects.
- Recognised qualifications in programme management
- Experience of senior leadership
- Experience of influencing, negotiating with and providing challenge to board-level stakeholders
- Experience of working effectively with risk
- Creating and managing commercial relationships
- Managing complex programmes
The pay rates below are approximate
- Starting: £28,000 - £30,000
- With experience: £36,500 - £43,000
- Senior Planners £60,000 - £72,500
Contact the Construction Division Team
Email the Construction Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Construction Jobs by Email
Don't miss out on your calling, join our construction mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.