Could not recommend stafffinders enough. I met with Chloe, and already she had me in mind for a position that had just come up. She organised the interview, and I was successful. Throughout the temping experience she was always readily available with advice, or help. I am now a permanent employee and could not have done it without stafffinders.
Thank you so much Chloe x
Construction Labourer Jobs
General labourer jobs use a wide range of skills to help build houses, factories, offices, roads, bridges, airports and many other structures. General labourer jobs work alongside skilled tradespeople in all areas of building and construction. General labourer jobs may do building work, and will prepare the ground for building, helping to set out areas to be dug for the foundations and drains.
The usual working week for general labourers is 39 hours, from Monday to Friday. Most of the general labourer jobs is outdoors, and conditions may be hot, cold, wet, dusty or dirty.
General labourer jobs criteria should include practical ability and common sense, be physically fit with stamina and the agility to cope with lifting and carrying, and be willing to work outdoors in all weathers.
Responsibilities of a Construction Labourer
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, including drills, forklifts, skid loaders and other tools as directed by management.
- Clean and prepare construction sites as needed, including erecting scaffolding, removing and properly disposing of debris and waste materials, and digging trenches.
- Shovel materials to and from construction areas, including asphalt and dirt.
- Follow all safety procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to management.
- Maintain a safe and clean job site by handling materials and storing them properly, picking up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use, and securing the job site daily.
- Load and unload construction supplies from trucks both manually and with the use of equipment.
- Report incidents immediately to safety director, foreman or HR in accordance with incident reporting procedures established by the company.
- Travel out of town to work on remote job sites as directed by management.
Contact the Construction Division Team
Email the Construction Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Construction Jobs by Email
Don't miss out on your calling, join our construction mailing list.
Category: Construction / Trades / Property
Staffinders require 6 x Joiners for work in Largs and surrounding areas.
Must have CSCS Cards, Previous site experience & checkable references.
Immediate start available
6 month contract
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Stafffinders which is operating as an employment business
Category: Construction/Project Management
Fit Out Site Manager
My client is a well know Contractor based in Glasgow City looking for a experienced site mnager with fit out expeience to work in there small works division looking after contracts up to 4Million. My client focuses a lot on fit out and refurbishments of commercial ...
Category: Construction/Project Management
My client is a leading fit out contracot who is well know world wide and is looking for a experienced project manager with fit out expeience to join there team based in Edinbrugh working on contracts up to 12Million. My client focuses a lot on fit out and refurbishments of ...
Category: Surveyor - Quantity
Stafffinders are delighted to be working with highly respected niche engineering service company to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
The successful candidate will manage the financial and commercial aspects of projects, understanding and adhering to current legislation, Health and Safety law and Contract law. Offer strategic guidance to Clients, including ...
Staffinders are recruiting of behalf a dynamic and expanding organisation looking for an enthusiastic and committed person to work as part of their team.
You will be working closely with both public and private sector clients and requires a good communicator and team player with good IT skills ...