I have had very good service from all at the Glasgow Office. They found me a temporary position, which I have now been in for more than a year. As a candidate, you are made to feel that nothing is a bother, which is not the case with some other organisations. They are very prompt at returning your calls and my weekly payment is never late or wrong. I do, however, speak more to Michelle. You are always very pleasant and friendly to deal with, which makes life a lot easier. Thank you Stafffinders for helping me.
Construction Manager Jobs
The Construction Manager is assigned to the project sponsor to ensure that all relevant goals are met. The role is the most important throughout the whole building process as the Project Manager has the ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the build. Typically, they will work closely with Architects and engineers on a project.
The average salary in the UK is £40,000.
What does a Construction Manager do?
The construction manager will have many responsibilities and these include the following:
- Planning - From the outset, it is the responsibility of the Construction PM to plan the build process, this means producing a critical path and understanding the timing of each stage. It is essential to ensuring that the project is completed on time.
- Resource Allocation - Any building project will need resources from bricks and mortar to tools and basic amenities. It is their responsibility to have an understanding of what these are and ensure they are available.
- Staff Management - They will be responsible for recruiting a team and allocating tasks to relevant managers. It may mean identifying suitable contractors who can complete the work. The important thing is their understanding at which stage of the process each trade will need to be recruited.
- Setting Benchmarks - An integral aspect of the ongoing monitoring of a project is setting benchmarks to monitor progress, this allows the Construction Project Manager to identify whether or not the project is on target to finish on time and within budget.
- Budget Management – They are responsible for the financial planning and monitoring of the project. To avoid going over budget a PM should consider continually forecasting, keeping the team informed of forecasts and changes and managing the scope meticulously, so knowing the costs for unplanned construction work or resources and keeping that set-aside.
Contact the Construction Division Team
Email the Construction Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Construction Jobs by Email
Don't miss out on your calling, join our construction mailing list.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.