Just recently signed up with Stafffinders. Danielle and Katrina are amazing!!! Very professional.
They give you a whole list of available jobs and you can pick and choose which ones suit you.
Been with a few agencies in the past none of them can touch the girls though. You can even do your timesheet online so no looking for the Duty Manager at the end of your shift. Great agency knocked back a full time job to stay with them.
Building Technician Jobs
Building technician jobs are involved in the construction of buildings and building works and mapping or drawing plans for use by construction staff. Time-served Building Technicians can progress to Construction Manager Jobs, by gaining further qualifications and relevant experience.
Building technicians should have a thorough knowledge of building techniques and materials, be reliable, accurate and have a sense of responsibility, be good at solving problems and enjoy working outdoors.
You'll work with building contractors and property developers, as well as in surveying and civil engineering practices. There are also building technician work opportunities in the public sector, local government, the Civil Service and the health authorities.
The Building Technician Job and what's involved
They may be involved in:
- Drawing up plans for use by senior construction and surveying staff. These may be alterations and amendments made to existing plans.
- Estimating - detailing all the thousands of items needed for a contract (equipment, plant, materials and labour) and their costs. Each job is calculated in detail to arrive at an overall price that will win the contract and make a profit.
- Buying required materials economically and for the best quality.
- Working from the architect's drawings, calculate cost of materials, contact suppliers and sub-contractors for quotations and delivery times.
- Site visits - checking materials and equipment on arrival on site.
- Attend meetings between contractors, building inspectors and clients, measure and prepare a site for construction, supervise craftworkers and operatives on site, and be responsible for the timing and progress of the work.
Building Technician Jobs - required experience
It is possible to train as a building technician with an employer as an apprentice. Another route for Building technicians is to take a full-time course leading to a BTEC national certificate or diploma, or an SQA national certificate group award in engineering. There may be opportunities for adults with experience in engineering or construction.
The Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB) provides a fully employed and funded apprenticeship. https://www.ecitb.org.uk/
It is also possible to train in craft skills such as bricklaying or plumbing through the Construction Apprenticeship Scheme, and continue to train to be a technician. The government website displays more on the type of construction apprenticeships and available training.
Building Technicians jobs at the lower end of the scale can study for higher qualifications and gain skills and experience to progress to posts of increasing responsibility.
Contact the Construction Division Team
Email the Construction Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Construction Jobs by Email
Don't miss out on your calling, join our construction mailing list.
Category: Surveyor - Quantity
Are you an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor in the Residential Industry? Look no further!
I am working alongside one of the largest Residential Developers in London who are currently looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the team!
The prime candidate should have:
-Experience within a Residential Developer ...
Category: Senior Management
Are you interested in an exciting new challenge working with a fantastic team?
A client with vision and pipeline for the future?
Our client is currently recruiting for a Project Manager to be based in Edinburgh. Our Client is a UK leading contractor.
This is a fantastic opportunity to manage ...