I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Mrs Peplinska for her cooperation, helpfulness and competence in assisting me in my job search. I thank her for her professional and respectful approach to business. It was a pleasure to deal with her and I wish her all the best in future.
Bricklayers are involved in the construction and restoration of both interior and exterior structures, including walls, archways and home extensions. Bricklayer jobs often involve cutting bricks, using hammers, laying the bricks in courses, spreading mortar with trowels and checking that bricks are laid straight. Bricklayers would often work on a particular section of a building alongside other bricklaying gangs which will require good teamworking skills, good practical skill and the ability to follow instructions.
What's the workload for a Bricklayer?
The bricklayer's daily workload consists of the following:
- Cleaning work area and ensure that any debris or hazardous brick material is cleared away.
- Measure work area and calculate how many bricks will be required.
- Shape and trim bricks to make sure that they fit in properly in places such as corners.
- Use a variety of power and hand tools such as hammers and trowels.
- Weld metal parts and apply plaster on walls as instructed in the work order.
- Study plans for the building before starting on a bricklaying project.
- Layout patterns and foundations according to the instructions on work orders.
The average week for bricklayers consists of 39 working hours, Monday to Friday. This can include working overtime at weekends or the evenings. Bricklayers usually work on building sites, in all weathers, with jobs often being physically demanding. With experience, many bricklayers progress up the career ladder and become Site Managers. As at November 2019, the average salary for bricklayers in Scotland equates to £28,000 a year.
Contact the Construction Division Team
Email the Construction Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Construction Jobs by Email
Don't miss out on your calling, join our construction mailing list.
Stafffinders are looking to recruit experienced and enthusiastic Bricklayers, for a variety of current and upcoming projects across Edinburgh, Glasgow and the surrounding areas.
Rates of pay can vary, depending on specific assignment, with hours of work also varying, offering you great flexibility.
Qualifications, Experience & Personality
Previous experience working on ...