I have had very good service from all at the Glasgow Office. They found me a temporary position, which I have now been in for more than a year. As a candidate, you are made to feel that nothing is a bother, which is not the case with some other organisations. They are very prompt at returning your calls and my weekly payment is never late or wrong. I do, however, speak more to Michelle. You are always very pleasant and friendly to deal with, which makes life a lot easier. Thank you Stafffinders for helping me.
Treasury Accountant Jobs
Treasury Accountant Jobs will involve monitoring funding and cash flow requirements for a business, both in the short-term and long-term.
A Treasury Accountant will involve maintaining accurate accounting records for all treasury activity including bank reconciliations for all accounts and all cash transactions on the accounting system.
Treasury Accountant would also be responsible for arranging for investments and bank overdraft facilities, obtaining long-term funding, increasing and improving control procedures and producing reports for management, variance and trend analysis and ad hoc projects.
They will be liaising with financial institutions concerning the availability of funds, and getting involved with joint ventures and cash management issues.
Responsibilities of a Treasury Accountant
As a Treasury Accountant, you can expect a typical day to include these seven things:
- Monitor cash balances daily and determine cash requirements needed to cover losses and payments.
- Check invoices , verify that invoices have been paid.
- Verify paperwork - verify accounts receivable paperwork to balance accounts and ensure that all figures match payment information.
- Gather year-end information - compile all year-end financial data to audit figures and determine various financial trends.
- Prepare forecasts - design forecasts predicting the company’s financial future and current financial trends.
- Write financial data reports - write regular reports based on financial data showing incoming and outgoing figures, as well as other relevant information.
- Manage investments - manage investment accounts and create detailed reports showing gains and losses.
A Treasury Assistant must have:
- enthusiasm and self-motivation
- first class verbal and written communication skills
- diplomacy and commercially awareness
- the ability to establish and nurture business-like relationships with people in the business community
- the ability to work on your own and demonstrate initiative and attention to detail
Treasury Accountant Qualifications
Treasury accountants are normally Part-qualified or Qualified ACCA/CIMA and have acquired previous experience working within a Treasury department.
Those interested in a Treasury Accountant Jobs should showcase their CV accountancy principles knowledge, proactivity, multitasking, organisational skills, computer operation, analytical thinking, and problem-solving orientation.
Based on our specialist accountancy knowledge, employers prefer candidates holding a degree in accountancy or finance.
Accountancy Jobs by Email
The accountancy sector moves fast, keep up to speed by registering for job alerts with our accountancy job alerts.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.