Since registering with Stafffinders for temporary work, they have always kept me out working. The Recruitment Consultants are always courteous and work hard finding assignments that suit me.
General Ledger Jobs
The purpose of General Ledger Accountant Jobs is to be responsible for Balance Sheet reconciliations, ensuring all entries are valid and accounted for. In addition, there are regular monthly journals which need to be derived and posted, and which will be controlled through the balance sheet responsibility.
With the onset of online bookkeeping, General Ledger Jobs remain a vital function within business, as the individual is accountable for creating journal entries and assembling supporting documentation, as well as for tracking the contents of accounts, creating portions of the financial statements, and writing related disclosures.
Responsibilities for General Ledger jobs
- Perform month-end account closing activities and reconciliations.
- Maintain general ledger accounts and prepare journal entries for accruals and variances.
- Generate and distribute account management reports on monthly basis.
- Perform accounting analysis for cash accruals, account payables, account receivables, reconciliations and foreign exchange.
- Provide appropriate accounting information to customers when needed.
- Assist various departments in accounting issues and queries.
- Analyze and perform foreign currency exchanges.
- Support Auditor in conducting internal and external audits.
- Assist in tax preparation and filing activities.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and revenue accounts.
- Review financial reports to identify and explain variances.
- Follow documentation retention policy to maintain accounting files.
- Prepare cash flow statements and resolve outstanding balancing issues.
- Adhere to standard accounting principles and company procedures.
- Perform accounting analyses and reporting to support decision-making purposes.
Qualifications for General Ledger jobs
- Studying or looking to start studying with recognised accounting body (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- 2-3 years experience with general accounting
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft packages, excel, access, word etc
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- High degree of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Strong analytic abilities
Contact the Accountancy Division Team
Email the Accountancy Division at email@example.com.
Candidates can submit a CV online using our Register online service.
Accountancy Jobs by Email
The accountancy sector moves fast, keep up to speed by registering for job alerts with our accountancy job alerts.
We don't have any jobs advertised for this job title at the moment.